Saying Bye

My typical "work" clothes and husband in his work clothes.  The pups always look like that ;)


I am now officially on vacation! 

Today I started my week vacation with a drive from northeast Ohio to my hometown in southwest Ohio.  Tomorrow I hop in the car with my dad for a little father-daughter road trip to Tennessee and I am so excited to spend some quality time with family.

I love getting out of town and going on little trips with family and friends, but when the pups and the husband aren't able to come too, I have a really really hard time saying bye to them.  Today I took my good ole time packing my bags and preparing to leave.  The pups saw my suitcase and bounced around the apartment so excited because they thought they were going for a ride with me.  It just about broke my heart and I had to fight tears knowing I was letting them down...and leaving them alone for a few days.  Luckily, my husband will be working in Dayton on Monday and Tuesday and will be here to meet me when I return from Tennessee.  I hope I am attacked with hugs and kisses when we are reunited!  Until then, I am going to enjoy the vacation with my dad and take advantage of phone technology and face time my family before we end our days.

2 friendly comments:

Jessica @ jessicaNdesigns said...

That time with your father will be so great! I am really close with my dad and love going on trips with him! Hope you have a great time!

Natalie @ NS Pottery said...

You and your road trips :)
Have fun!!! Father-daughter dates are so special!