DIY: Distressed Colored Book Pages

Do you ever get an idea for a new project, and before you know it, you realize five new projects you could create with the same supplies?!  Well, that happened to me this week.  

What are my supplies?!  Old book pages and ink pads.  

My husband has quite the collection of books, including some really old ones that have been passed down to him.  Luckily, he has a couple duplicates that I was able to use for this project.  If you do not have old books, visit the local thrift store and pick one up for 50 cents! {or less}

Here is a step by step to creating these colorful pages:



Supplies:
old book
chalk ink pad {I purchased this brand}
scrap paper to cover your work space



Step 1:
Take the binding off the book.  This will make it easier to tear out all of the pages.  If you open the book up all the way, a little gap will be created and make it easy to rip the pages off the cover and binding.


Rip out all of the pages...


Step 2:
Decide what colors you would like to use for your pages.  It's better to start with something light until you get used to the application, and then you can add more color or move on to something darker.  I used only chalk ink pads because they have a very light matte look to them and you can build color easily.


You can purchase an applicator to click into the colorbox cat eye ink pads, or you can hold them in your hand to apply the ink.



Step 3:
Lightly stamp the pages in different directions, building color by reapplying in the areas you want.



The ink dries very quickly and your pages will be ready for crafting!



Beautifully colored book pages.  

I can't wait to photograph some tutorials this weekend!  Check back next week to find out what I create  with them :)

5 friendly comments:

stephanie said...

love this! those pages look amazing.

Kelly said...

I love the colors. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Little Blue Feathers said...

@stephanie
Thanks! I want to make hundreds of them and cover an entire wall that's how much I love them!

Little Blue Feathers said...

@Kelly

Thanks Kelly! I didn't even realize at first the colors are great for Easter so maybe some projects will be Easter related :)

STARDUST said...

How cute! Love them! They'd look great on a wall!