Why I started a blog


Last Spring I decided to start my blog journey.  When I think back to what prompted my Little Blue Feather blog, it was mainly inspired from discovering so many new blogs at that time.  Before 2011, I didn't realized a blog community existed, let alone the fact that anyone could create a blog.  I stumbled across blogs of all kinds; lifestyle, DIY/craft and fashion blogs that were inspiring to read.  So without much research, I dove into starting my own.  At first, I wasn't quite sure exactly what my blog purpose would be and chose random topics that I thought I could write about.  I can say that I have learned a lot along the way, as with anything you get better with time and practice.   

When I first started my blog, I hoped it would get my name and shop out into the online world, but I didn't realize it would be much more than that.  

Blogging for me has turned into something I really enjoy and want to include in my everyday.  My blog has connected me with amazing women {some that are also handmade business owners}, it has reminded me to take more pictures, try new things and document more of the lovely little things in life.  Maintaining a blog isn't always easy and sometimes I struggle to find ideas, but I am motivated to keep writing.

Today starts a new e-course I decided to participate in to build a blog you truly love with Liv Lane.  I saw a link from one of the bloggers that is included in the interview series of the course and decided spur of the moment to sign up.  With this course I will learn more on how to turn this little online space of mine into something I really love and ways to keep the ideas flowing.  I will be encouraged to find my voice, better define my purpose and share my story through quality posts.   I'm so excited to get started and grow my blog with you!



5 friendly comments:

Natalie @ NS Pottery said...

Have fun with the e-course!! You will have to tell me about it then! :)

stephanie said...

that sounds like so much fun! i've been wanting to do an e-course like this. let me know how you like it!

Lori said...

sounds interesting! i've been thinking about taking a course about blogging too - - just to see what's out there!

http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

DeAnne Olguin Williamson said...

Your blog is lovely and you seem to have found your voice.

Little Blue Feathers said...

Thank you DeAnne!