{Inspiration Workshop} - Handmade Holidays

I am participating in Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop this week.  The topic for today is holiday secrets and tips.  My tip for making the holiday season extra fun and cozy is to make and buy handmade decorations for your home!

When I think about Christmas decorations, I think handmade.  Not only because I want to support other  handmade artists, but there is a unique charm to handmade Christmas decorations.  There are so many creative handmade items online and tutorials for helping anyone, of any craft level, create fun decorations for their home. This time of year I look forward to a little extra crafting and baking, especially when it involves friends.  I also love an excuse to go to the local fabric and craft stores...

Now that it's December 1 {wow!} I am feeling inspired and ready to start celebrating and decorating for Christmas. There is something about waiting for December and the cold weather that makes the Christmas season official for me.  Now that we had our first snow, it's mid 30s this week and now Dec. 1, let this wonderful time of year begin!  

After spending way too much time on Pinterest and Etsy, I found a few handmade decorations that are adorable and have a little whimsy flair to them.  


Are you feeling inspired and ready to decorate!?

Happy December
Merry Christmas







Source: etsy.com via Michelle on Pinterest



Source: etsy.com via Michelle on Pinterest




This post is linked up with others at Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!
Gussy Sews Inspiration Workshop!

4 friendly comments:

Unknown said...

These are great. I'm wanting to make some ornaments and these are all great ideas. I especially love the glittery bulbs and the button ornament! :)

stephanie said...

i love all of these! especially that wreath! i actually am making ornaments right now involving buttons! : )

Pam said...

Cute ideas!

Whitney said...

So much fun! I love the button ornament and the glittery light bulbs!!