Shark Pups Goes Public

Ok friends, I have something to share with you!  I have been working on a new project and have decided to make it public today.  

A while back, my husband and I decided to open an etsy shop specifically for dogs.  We have thought about a few different ideas for the shop and decided to go ahead and open the shop under the name we wanted and keep it for when we felt the time was right.  The name we came up with is Shark Pups.  Why? Well, our last name is Sharkey {cool, right?! wink} and I always refer to our dogs as pups.  Also, did you know a baby shark is called a shark pup?!  There's your fun fact for the day!

Now I know what some of you are probably thinking...I am crazy.  And to be honest, at first I thought I was too when I would talk about our new blog and shop out loud to friends and family.  What I have decided though is that however crazy it may be, this is who I am.  I am a 26 year old woman with only fur babies.  I never knew I could love an animal, especially two, the way I have grown to love Miley and Stanlee and my love for them lead me to become a volunteer for the Midwest Boston Terrier Rescue in 2011.  I would say I am slightly obsessed! {wink}

Currently the only thing available in my SharkPupDesigns etsy shop is my screen printed design on a onesie.  I purchased more adult T-shirts that will be back in the shop soon and I started making whimsical bow ties and dog collar accessories that will be in the shop by November 1 for the holidays.  I will try to post daily at Shark Pups blog and keeping you up to date with what's going on with the pups, handmade dog products, pet photography, dog articles, funny photos and fundraising/events for the Midwest Boston Terrier Rescue.

From this point on, I will be separating Little Blue Feather from all of my dog related topics.  It just seemed like a little too mismatched to try and do both under one blog.  If you are a dog lover, please join us over at SharkPups.blogspot.com!