Local Spotlight: Public Markets





*Collages like these can be made through PicMonkey.com.



Do you ever visit local public markets?  It is something I have really grown to love.  Recently, husband and I went to the Second Street Public Market and the North Market, one in Dayton and the other in Columbus Ohio.  I have been to the North Market several times, and I have to say it is my absolute favorite market I have been in so far.  Maybe it's because my favorite mediterranean meal and my favorite ice cream can be found there?

Either way, public markets are worth the trip.  What I love about them is that you can buy local, fresh and unique items as opposed to going to your regular grocery store to get everything.  In addition to fresh produce, you can stop in just for lunch at one of the specialized cafes, shop for a one-of-a-kind gift or pick up some coffee or a sweet treat to take with you.   Depending on the size of the market and the day you visit, there might also be an additional outdoor farmers market, live music and tasting events.

When I visit any public market (Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, Cuyahoga Falls....) I seem to never get out without purchasing a homemade treat.  Sometimes it is baklava, sometimes it's a chocolate covered something, but if I am at North Market in Columbus, you better believe I am walking out with Jeni's ice cream!

Do you visit local markets?  I am still on the hunt for more local farms, markets, boutiques and restaurants in our new area, but I am determined to find them!

Have a great Thursday friends.




0 friendly comments: