{Heart Handmade} - Featuring NS Pottery


{Heart Handmade}


Welcome to another artist interview post!

*My hopes for Heart Handmade is to introduce new handmade finds and the artists behind the work.  You can ready my previous features here!



Today I am so excited to feature Natalie from NS Pottery!
Natalie is a clay artist that creates and sells everything from garden accessories to jewelry in her Etsy shopWhen you shop NS Pottery, you will find something for everyone.  I love her jewelry collection and always wear one of my rings when I am out and about!  

Natalie is an inspiring young woman chasing her dreams and documenting her journey as an artist on her blog with posts on faith, recipes, gardening and what's new in her studio. I am happy to call her a friend and am excited to share her interview with you all.

Continue reading below and get to know Natalie, her shop and where she finds her inspiration!





What prompted you to open up your etsy shop?
I started selling my products through local craft shows at first and did really well! I know with the times we live in, many people do their shopping online, and I thought etsy would be a great way to get my brand out there. People can shop 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, not just when I am with my items at a show.

NS Pottery Jewelry

What would you say is your favorite part about owning an online handmade business?
There are many things that I love! I would have to say that my favorite part is being able to run most of my business from the comfort of my own home and being my own boss. It's not always easy to hold all the responsibility for a business though, because you have to be very self-motivated and determined. Hearing from happy customers is also very cool! :)


Textured Trinket Dish


I love how natural your products look and feel. Where do you find your inspiration for your pieces?
I find inspiration EVERYWHERE. I think it's important as an artist to always be aware of your surroundings. Nature is a huge part of what inspires me, and I love to include materials that I've gathered outside (like pine branches) in my work. I'm also very inspired by current style trends, music, and my relationship with God.



Deluxe Toad House - Speckled Olive Color



You also have a great blog. How long have you been blogging and which came first, the blog or the business?
Thank you! :) I've been blogging for a little over a year, and my business came first. It's interesting to me that some people start a blog and then a business. Before I started my business, I never even knew that this blog world existed!






What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The relationships! I never knew it was possible to develop genuine friendships with people that I've only met online.





Is there any advice you would give to someone thinking about opening their own handmade business?
Don't expect it to take off right away- it takes time. Also, don't think that everything has to be perfect in order to start, but do your best with what you have. Being a perfectionist, it's easy for me to look around at others and feel inferior. As you gain more experience and skill, you can make improvements as you go. I am constantly improving my work, photographs, branding, etc. Many things are only learned through time and experience.



Stoneware herb markers



What is your favorite thing to do outside of your studio space?!
Can I pick more then one thing? :) I love being outside in nature, especially on warm (not hot) sunny days. You get vitamin D from the sun, you know. ;) I love to watch my organic garden grow and take walks with my pup. I also love to cook for my family! Eating yummy and nourishing meals is very important to me, and the kitchen is a very relaxing place for me to be.



Follow Natalie's blog for Health Food Fridays!  You can check out her recipes here.



A big big thank you to Natalie for her interview and inspiration!  Want to connect with Natalie?!  Here are places you can find NS Pottery:

BLOG // SHOP // FACEBOOK // TWITTER


0 friendly comments: