Positivity Breeds Positivity - 10.17.11

Last week, Justin sent a couple great daily positives, but this one stuck out the most:

“Not everything that is faced can be changed. But nothing can be changed until it is faced”
-James Arthur Baldwin


There are so many areas in life that this can apply.  For me personally, I have thought so much about my business, but haven't really acted on much.  I was choosing not to face things.  I feel like I have pretty much been "all talk" lately.  

Well, today I have been on top of business things.  I wanted to make some changes as well as feel more proud of my job and not something I shyly say when people ask what I do.  Here is what I did to make some changes:
  • I met with a bank member and opened a business account
  • I got my Employee Identification Number
  • I talked about growing my business with others
  • I looked into another T-shirt supplier
  • Finished and shipped open orders
  • I started writing a post about buying on etsy over the holidays for a feature post
Once I accomplished these things, I had a new fresh look on Little Blue Feather.  It wasn't until I faced these things that I felt like I was growing and making changes for the better.  Now, they are out of my way!  I have spent a lot of time over the past month traveling and away from my workspace and to be honest it was kind of hard to get back into the swing of things.  I now feel like I can move on and check things off my list!

This quote can be applied to so many situations.  Do you have a family member you have been needing to talk to?  Is there an idea or change you want to make at your work? Or maybe something you have been fighting yourself about.  "Nothing can be changed until it is faced...!"

0 friendly comments: