What's In A Name?


This past week I have been working on lots of letter onesies.  Most of them represent the letter of the first name, while some are the first letter of the family's last name.  Either way, I am usually left asking myself, what could this baby's name be?!  Some of the customers will say, I need a letter A for Avery, but most of them just say they need the letter _____ .

For the Spring Fling last weekend, I looked up most popular baby names in 2010 and 2011 to get an idea of what letters I should have for sale in my booth; however, no one needed those letters!!!  I had people ask for letters S, V and surprisingly letter X!  I have also made onesies withe the letter Y and F, both for girls.  It is so fun to think about who will wear my items and also what their names are.  I love hearing new and unique names and how it began, which got me thinking about my brand name.

Little Blue Feather came from my friend and I brainstorming what I would call my small business.  I knew I wanted something bird or feather related and something that wasn't specific to one type of item.  After talking for awhile, Little Blue Feather just stuck.  There  might not always be a feather or bird related image on my shirts or feathers on my accessories, but there will always be a little blue feather and business card attached to your item and wrapped in ribbon when your order ships.  I like to think that some customers reuse the ribbon or feather in a creative way of their own.  Maybe, maybe not, but if you do, I would love to hear it!

0 friendly comments: